Title Transfer Question

Fellow Alfisti-

This is kind of a localized question as the laws vary from state to state,
maybe some of you Washington residents have some ideas about this.

Ok, so here is the issue. I bought an Alfa from a local dealer. This Alfa
had some very minor cosmetic damage from and accident. I bought it so that I
could repair the damage and have a new car (my poor red Alfa bit it and
would be the donor).

A day after I buy the blue Alfa I get a call from the dealer saying that the
car was "insurance destroyed" but he did not know that when he bought it. I
don't care if he knew or not. The problem is this, I have to have the car
inspected by the State Patrol in order for the title to be transferred. The
dealer said that I could have it done but when spoke to the WSP they said
that the current title holder has to have it done.

Anyone have any experience with this. I just want to get this taken care of
so I have a friggin' car to drive. I also know that the dealer is not
supposed to sell a car like this...but whatever...I honestly don't care
about that. I just want to get everything legal.

Hopefully that made some sense.

Damian

Damian Magista
magista@domain.elided