Recaro seats

The reupholstered Recaro seats in my GTV-6 (out of a Werde) are great, they
look good and they're very comfortable.  Lately, though, a minor annoyance
has cropped up:  After I pivot the seat back forward for access to the back
seat, when I return the seat back to the normal position (gently or not)
the gadget that adjusts the angle of recline of the seatback seems to slip
and the seat back reclines flatter than it was before.  Before I take a
screwdriver to it and thus risk possibly getting a face full of little
spring-like doohickeys and ratchety-thingamabobs, I thought I'd ask on the
Digest whether anyone else has dealt with this problem.

Charlie Koster
Kagel Canyon, CA
1986 GTV-6 3.0S (mine)
1991 164S (hers)