Alfa Day

Was yesterday 164 Day in Seattle, or something?  I took my white 164 Base
downtown for a dentist's appointment (might as well enjoy at least part of
the experience), and as I pulled out onto the main feeder road to the
freeway a red 164 came up behind me heading in the same direction.  Nice to
see!  We waved at each other at the next stop light, but lost contact on the
freeway.

After the appointment, I was balked getting out of the car park when the
driver in front of me seemed to be having trouble with the ticket machine.
It did free up, but as I was moving up someone came over to check the
machine.  He smiled at me, then leaned towards my open window and asked, "Is
that an L or an S?"  How often do you come across anyone who even recognizes
it as an Alfa, let alone knows what model it is?!  Turns out he has three
Alfas, including a daily driver Milano, but I didn't catch his name, cars
were waiting in line behind me and I felt I was drooling since half my face
was still frozen from the dentist's tender care, so if you're reading this,
Hi!  Nice to chat, however briefly.  And I hope I wasn't (drooling, that
is)...

On the way home I stopped at the Silver Platters store at Northgate to pick
up a couple of CDs.  When I came out, there was another white 164 parked two
spaces over from mine.

I tell ya, these things are getting common as dirt...

Jon
Edmonds, WA
86 Spider
91 164