air box repaint

Oh happy day!

I picked up the '78 injection components...air box
with heavy rubber/cord tube mounts, mainfold with
apparently all tubing, four beautiful butterflies that
smile in unison, the injectors and a pump, T271, with
good lines and a thermo with only mms of the pin
protruding.

The air box is slightly rusted...end clips, removable
end, horn, a few blisters here'n there. It would
probably look good in a running engine bay with a "WD
40 tune up." However, as I'm putting all this stuff
together for the first time, and it's all out, I'd
like to brush and rustpho (phosphoric acid) the spots
and paint it up nice. Does this have a "color code?"
Is there a commercial off-the-shelf spray paint that's
close? I thought someone might have mentioned this not
too long ago but I could not find the reference. I'm
not going for concours, just protection/nice finish.
I'd even consider a completely different color...any
experimenters, any suggestions?

Also, any thoughts on "adjusting" the TA? Somewhere I
have a tech sheet from someone in Anacortes, WA (don't
know why I remember that) that describes dimpling the
pin vessel to push the pin out to the proper length. I
also understand that there is a screw adjustment in
the pump where the TA inserts. Any comments on either?
I haven't tested the TA in hot water to know how far
it will protrude, and I've read not to monkey around
with the pump adjustments.

WHOOPIE! I also got the old-style/Euro two-piece cast
headers (skinny "Y" 2,3 & wide "Y" 1,4 and the
headpipe. I AM MOTIVATED TO GET THIS THING RUNNUNG!!!!

TIA Alfisti,

P.J. Wise & Verena Ragazza-'81 Spider Veloce
South Bend, Washington
http://mail.yahoo.com/