Re: alfa-digest V8 #542

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 BrianPal10@domain.elided wrote:

> Tony Sims writes...
>
> "Besides, most of their complaints are not
> against the vehicle they are against the idiot who is operating the SUV."
>
> True, but that idiot is 10 times more deadly when behind the wheel of a thundering monstosity as opposed to a reasonably sized car.

What if the idiot is the one in the car. All too often I see cars darting
into any opening they find. If an SUV is in traffic and there is a bit of
space between it and the car in front of it, that is _NOT_ an invitation
for small cars to jump in the middle.

There's a reason why some semi drivers dislike "4 wheelers" (cars in
general, and can include SUVs). They jump in front of their moving
truck because there is room. The room is there because the driver knows he
needs that room to stop his rig.

I'm tired of seeing SUVs (and depending on the forum) semi drivers
villified. There are bad drivers everywhere. Doesn't matter what they are
driving.

Can we please let this thread die already? Let's agree to disagree and
move on. Please.