SUV's vs. Minivans

Concerning a recent post by an expedition lover:  I am very impressed
with you 20 mpg on your Expedition.  I had actually looked at buying a
Toyota Sienna before I purchased my Chevy Venture.  (I would have bought
the Toyota but the sale staff pi**ed me off)  My Venture has seating for
8 - that's with a seatbelt for everyone, gets 23 mpg, and I can fit a
4x8 sheet of plywood in the back.  All that for less than $22K. (Ok, so
I didn't pay MSRP)  If you can find an SUV that can do all that I might
be ready to buy one but it doesn't exist, at least not for $22K.
Anthony Savage

1977 Spider
1999 Chevy Venture
2001 Kia Rio