RE: Transmission oil

Henrik Hasager Johansen wrote
>I do beleive that what Tom Sahines refers to is the
>750-101-102-105-106-115-116 series of Alfas, the ones where the instruction
>manual specifies Shell Spirax.

He is right. I do not work on the 164 and later cars, never have, but
probably will eventually.

Use of Red Line Oil will not cause your tranny to explode and self destruct
in a few thousand miles. Thats not what I said. If you want to use it and
feel it is worth the money, please at least check the level often to keep
the tranny full.

Thanks to those of you who identified sources for the Spirax. I have always
bought it in 5 gal pails as it gets used up quite quickly around my place.
It is good to know that it can be purchased in quarts as well. Also good to
hear that some of the Napa stores carry it as well.

TOM SAHINES ARA TECH HOT LINE SAN JOSE CA