Weird License Plate (NAC)

As I was commuting homeward tonight on west bound I-90 in the Seattle area, I
noticed in front of me a mini-SUV (Suzuki Samurai) traveling along at just
under traffic pace. Because I was driving the maxi-SUV (Suburban), I kept a
close eye on the Samurai so as not to damage my undercarriage by
inadvertently running over it.

It, the Samurai, was black in colour and appeared well cared for. I enjoyed
the thought of "Not my cup of tea, but I admire the preservation ..." and
continued to cover every detail of this much-loved-by-its-owner vehicle. It
was clean, straight, original in major appearance, and a nice example of a
Samurai.

By and by, I noticed the license plate number. The plate itself was a
standard state issue plate - three numbers followed by three letters, the two
groups separated by a single space - and one doesn't normally expect to see
anything unique in such a configuration. This plate was different.

The number on this license plate assigned by the state of Washington to this
black Suzuki Samurai was ... [dramatic pause] ... 666 DVL.

Now, I'm a reasonably intelligent person, secure in my moderate religious
beliefs, and certainly not prone to excessive superstition, but I decided
that a little extra space and a quick exit from the highway was the order of
the afternoon - just in case. :-)

You never know who's on the highway next to you, do you?

Tom
Seattle
10123
11615