Redline Debate

OK, I couldn't keep quiet anymore.

About three years ago I switched over to the Redline oil in my Milano
Verde.  Due to everyone's confusion with which oil to put in I called
Redline directly and told them the Alfa oil requirement.  They recommended
the 75W90NS for my box.  Now my second gear syncro was not the healthiest
it could be so I figured I would try.  Well, I have to say that there was
and still is a definiate improvement in shifting (both cold and hot.)  They
also recommended a friction modifier to be added for health of the limited
slip.  I am still not 100% sure what that was about but I never added it.
 Said without it it may cause the limited slip plates to wear prematurely.
 When I tear down the tranny I will near know what was normal wear or the
oil..  When I put it in it had 100K+ so I didn't thin kit could hurt.

I put and AGIP oil in my GTV6 (still in there) and it did spit nothing.
 2nd gear crunch.  WILL be switching to Redline soon.

I put MTL in my wife's old Jetta and my old scirocco (both gone now), we
drove both cars into the ground with the oil in there without a problem.
 There was a HUGE difference in shifting when it was cold- "just like
butta."

I also use Redline's diesel fuel catalyst/cetane booster in my Jetta TDI in
the summer with good results!

DOM!

> About a year ago I read a number of testimonials to Redline oils from one
or
> two sources...and duly paid an arm and a leg for a couple of quarts of
Redline