RECENT Redline result in my '78 Spider...

Redline MTL in the gearbox, (75W90NS was suggested but I
had MTL and had used with dood results in BMW's) and
Redline 75W90 in the differential.

Here's what happened:

The gearbox shifts better than before but is slightly
noisier.  A few small drips have appeared where before
there were none.

Differential slightly noisy as before, also drips like
the gearbox.

I replaced both about 300 miles ago when I bought the
car.  The P.O. had obviously not changed either in quite
a while.  Both were black with sludge and only about
half full.  Both magnetic drain plugs were covered with
small metal filings.

The gearbox and differential were slightly noisy to
begin with.  The gearbox has GREAT synchros and
continues to shift well with the Redline MTL.

The only negatives has been the occasional drip from
both and the bashing I received for using the same
combination in an Alfa that I use in my BMW.

Will I go to Spirax HD 80W90?  YES!

I personally want to see if the drips go away and if
there is any noticeable difference.

The way I look at it, the Redline synthetics are quality
products and I certainly could not have done any damage
by exchanging old nasty fluids with clean and driving
the car a few hundred miles.

I'll report the results after a few more hundred miles!

Jeff

'78 Alfa Romeo Spider (Swore I'd never buy another Alfa!)
'88 BMW 535is (228K miles!, E28's RULE!)
'89 BMW 535i (Rare E34 5-speed!)