We are not alone (SUV content)

Over the weekend, driving on Wilshire Blvd. on the west side of LA from
overpriced Brentwood, through posh Beverly Hills, and on to the Art Museum
(across the street from the Peterson Auto Museum), we saw a lot of
interesting cars, a lot of expensive machinery, and really nothing that could
beat the sheer joy of our white spider with the top down on a beautiful day
-- even though we passed both the Budget lot where they rent exotics
(Porsches, Ferraris, Vipers) and show-off-mobiles (Bentley, MB, Lexus) and
Symbolic Motors BH branch office...

But the smile came in heavy Westwood traffic when we pulled up to a light
next to a shiny new-looking 3-series BMW M3 driven by a "mature,
distinguished" (e.g., not young) fellow who had hung a homemade sign in the
rear window.  It showed an international NO bar over the initials SUV and
underneath that he'd lettered: "costly, expensive, dangerous" - or words to
that effect.  Until the light turned green we smiled and chatted about the
sign and about being surrounded by a sheer wall of M5s, Navigators, and
Expeditions the while.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

PS: He had an American accent in case you are wondering.