Basic coil questions 101

I've always admired those in the electrical / ignition 'know'. I don't
have it, and most likely never will.

Please help. All I want to know is when I pick up a coil, I want to know
what goes where.

Please no theoretical lectures, just want numbers.

I'm sure there must be a kazillion variations, but out of the three
coils I have close at hand, please group the numbers (and yes I'm aware
there's a + in all three which should give me a good hint, but do want
to verify.

Coil A (Lucas): + &

Coil B (Marelli) 1 / D & 16 / B+

Coil C (Bosch)  /1 & + / 15

Okay, I'm guessing that's a no brainer. But please don't just skip to
the next question.

Include in each 'group' which is the secondary winding and which is the
primary winding.

Now, based on a negative ground vehicle, determine the appropriate
'group' which goes to the distributor.

Now, based on a positive ground vehicle, determine the appropriate
'group' which goes to the distributor.

Thanking all of you marvelous students in the arcane art (will never
believe it's actually a science) of electricity in advance,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA