Just installed old Shankle header on '78 Spider!

I bought a old Shankle header on eBay and just put it in
the '78 Spider.  It's the old style with the air pump
injection ports.  2-2" downpipes go into a Y-collector
that joins the catalytic converter perfectly.

The only reason I went with a header was that it was
cheap, complete, looked decent, possibly offered a
performance improvement, AND the original manifold was
leaking from a poorly repaired crack.  The original
manifold still had the old air injection manifold rusted
in place and looked terrible.  The emissions inspector
wanted to fail the car because of missing equipment.

Took a little custom bending to get the downpipes to
clear the body so the collector would match to the
converter.  Ironically, it would have fit perfectly had
I NOT just replaced the motor mounts!  Looks like
Shankle intended it to fit sagging Alfa motors!

Fabricated a support strap that joins the exhaust mount
under the transmission and replaced all the exhaust
hangers.  So far, so good!

A little louder but not too much.  Does seem to have a
slight increase in power and rev a little quicker but
that's all subjective.  The rest of the exhaust system
is stock.

It was a PITA to find a bolt that would fit the air
injection ports.  Had to use 14MM. 1.50 pitch, oil pan
drain plugs.

Later!