1985 GTV6, rebuild or not?

My 1985 GTV6, now at a little over 151,000 miles, is starting to need
some of the major mechanical items that wear out as the mileage
creeps up.  For example, the valve clearances can no longer really be
set properly because of cam wear.  Another example is that the oil
level drops slowly, but with 300 mile changes I never have to add any
(I know, valve job here).

My question is this:  Does it make send to opt for a full engine
rebuild at this point or should I replace items as needed?  In case
it matters, I like the idea of using S-cams and higher compression
pistons...

Thanks everyone!
--

  -Robert Abatecola