Re: injection system swap

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, verena ragazza wrote:
> 4. From motorcycle daze I have a four tube Hg (Motion
> Pro) carb balancing tool. Can this be used to balance
> the intake butterflies? Where are the vacuum
> take-offs?

The four hoses that lead to the central little plenum between cyl 2 &
3 can be used a vacuum take-offs for your tool.  Note that you only
adjust the balance between the 1&2 pair and the 3&4 pair, so simply
hooking the tool up to one cylinder in each pair will be enough.

> 5. Have racers/power addicts worked on optimization of
> the air box volume? By looks, I'd bet a custom box and
> ram air ducts could help breathing a bit...sure works
> on motor bikes.

Works on bikes primarily due to relatively wild cam profiles used by
bikes, and the reliance on wave effects to get good power.  Unless you're
putting what most people consider pure race cams into your engine,
tuning airbox volume isn't going to do much for you.

james montebello