Subject: squeaky brakes

<<How do I stop squeaky stock rear brakes on a Spider ? They squeak when
under a light load only . Should I glue or grease the pad to the piston
?  - Roy in NJ ( took car out over the spring preview weekend )>>

Roy -

Grease should stay as far away from the pads as possible.  Gets hot,
melts all over the pads, gets between the pads and the rotor  =:0
Lubrication right where you do NOT want it.  Can't stop too well THAT
way.

Try some of the blue goop (very technical term, there) made by one of
the majors, I think Permatex.  Specifically made to quell the high
pitched vibrations which occur when light pressure is applied to the
brake pedal.  (sort of like lightly rubbing your finger over the rim of
a water glass.)

Not 100% guarantee that it will work, but it's cheap, about $3 or $4.
Bummer is you have to take the pads out, clean every thing very well,
"spread" the pistons in the caliper, and re-assemble with the blue goop
between the pad and the caliper.  Hoping that all the parts are there
and correctly installed.  Yes??

Oh, yeah.  While you are in there, you may want to rough up the friction
surface of the pads and the rotors (just a bit - don't get carried
away), with ScotchBrite or some such material.  Couldn't hurt.  You have
to keep things clean when you do this, though.

Best of luck -

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal