Re: Alfa on TV in New England

Norm Sippel wrote:

>Have any of you seen the Massachusetts travel commercial?  A green '70's -
>'80's Spider is featured.  No "great" shots of it.  But, enough to let us
>know that Alfas are fun cars in which to tour The Bay State.

That Verde Inglese '74 Spider belongs to Alfa Owners of New England member
and fellow Alfa Digester Kevin Murphy.  Responding to a plea from the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a green (maybe because green matched the
pretty leaves???) Alfa convertible, Kevin did his patriotic duty and made
his Spider available for the photo shoot.  He also wrote up a little
article on his experience that you can check out at
http://www.velocissima.com.  (Click the "Past Issues" button, go to January
2001, and click the "A Star Is Born" link.)

And now *we* have a plea:  Since AONE members, kinda by definition, live in
New England, there's no way that *we're* going to get to see this ad, since
it's meant to attract vacationers *to* New England, and we're already
here.  So if one of you could possibly provide us with a videotape of the
ad, we'd love to have it for our archives.  We'll even reward you with an
Official AONE Coffee Mug!  (Contact me at webmaster@domain.elided.)

Dave Pratt
AONE Webmaster