#2 My Alfetta GT update

A slight but (to me) important update on my Alfetta GT's driveshaft,
DeDion 'tube', and  transaxle:

[Quick update (for all of you excited Digesters who have been, I'm sure,
(barely) holding your breaths]: Sombitch, believe I've eventually ended
up with the correct (reasonably readily available) parts on Daily
Driver.

Without going through a complete blow-by-blow rundown through memory
lane, as of today have ended up with the '79 Alfetta GT's DeDion 'tube'
with new front bushing, 79's complete rear axles, used rear Koni gas
shocks (which now match the front Koni gas shocks), original 75's
transaxle with new rear bushing and shift and shaft to clutch seals, new
clutch slave cylinder, new brake and clutch flex lines, original but
newish '75 driveshaft / donuts, drilled out / replaced transaxle drain
plug, and fresh Shell Spirax HD 80 - 90W oil. Not to mention, four new
Yokohama AVID H4 195/65R/14 tires mounted on pristinely re-painted
5-stars, with replated lug nuts.

Taking my time with the re-re-build, when finished and lowered to the
ground only a few hours ago, she turned her head and said (honest,
goodness), "Let's go for a ride, Ba-bee."

To quote myself, "Sombitch."

Running up and down the 605 several times, she tracked well, shifted, oh
so much better than the 79's gearbox, did have only the slightest but
not overly annoying drivetrain vibration, and wanted nothing better than
for me to lower the reins and hang on.

She's a peach once again.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA