More Trunk Fumes (87 spider)

Hello All,
Sorry if this has been beaten to death again recently, I've haven't been
keeping up with the digests lately.  Anyway, here goes. . .
I've got the infamous trunk-full-o-raw-fuel fumes problem, and built up
pressure in the tank when I remove the gas cap.  Also, when filling the tank,
I have to kind of cant the fuel nozzle in the filler neck to allow air to
escape out the filler neck.  Otherwise, the nozzle thinks the tank is full
and stops pumping (that familiar "CHINK" that tells you it's full).  I've
filled up at plenty of different stations, and it always does the same thing.
So far, I've checked the filler neck, and replaced the check valve at the end
of the T connection in the hoses that live near the big plastic canister and
jack in the front of the trunk compartment.
I'm thinking what it actually needs is the other 'in-line' check valve.  But
neither centerline nor IAP seem to carry it.  IAP can order it, and have it
in 8 weeks or so (for the low low price of $35), but for such a
simple-looking little one way valve, there must be some easier, cheaper way
around this at the hardware store.
Has anybody else run into, and solved this problem ahead of me?
I know of plenty of other Alfa parts people I haven't called yet, but if IAP
quotes $35, I'm thinking there must be a cheaper fix other than the
prescribed Alfa part.
Also, I'm probably going to start replacing fuel lines soon as well (the fuel
pump is getting noisy, and it's less than 15,000 miles old, which makes me
think the hoses are rotting from the inside out).  Can anybody tell me what
size, and how many feet I should go with to do the whole car?  I don't like
worrying about catching on fire as I drive down the road.
Thanks in advance everyone,
Jake Hahn
87 Spider
89 BMW 325i

P.S.  I just got done doing the rear trailing arms (urethane fronts) and
"reaction triangle" bushings (also urethane).  WOW!  I had no idea how well
this car could handle!  Highly recommended "upgrade" if your spider wags it's
tail as it comes out of the turns. :-)