re: Side Pipe Symphony

Scott -

The simple answer to your question below is, "Yes."  Not good, no matter
how nice is sounds, for a while.  (Gads, do I sound like a fuddy duddy,
or what?!)

On the other hand, what I did with my Alfetta was to run 2" pipe from
the header pipe directly to a free-flow cat.  From there is goes to the
back of the car, still 2", into a turbo muffler.  From thence to a slice
of baloney chromed tip, exiting out the back.  Sounds pretty good, if a
bit resonant inside the car.

Of course, your car doesn;t have, or need, a cat, so something up front
to cut the noise a bit would be appropriate.  Maybe a resonator?

Oh!  We started there, didn't we........

Jay Negrin
So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - Euro exhaust manifolding, carefully modified to fit into
a custom system, from the motor to the tailpipe.

<snip>

So, anybody know what I should do to keep this part of
the sound and get rid of the ugly parts?  I'm sure
it's wrong to just have them run a pipe out the back
of the resonator and have it exit in front of the
wheel... yes?

- --Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon