Re: grundy insurance / cigarette lighter question

One caveat about Haggerty, I tried to sign up using
their web site.  I was honest about how I intend to
use the car, occasionally drive it to work, occasional
track tour (tour, not timed event) and they rejected
me.  They also balked at 3k miles per year.  I think
talking to a human would be better in this case, it's
hard to sell yourself when you're just some numbers in
a database.

Dan, do you know the name of the agent you dealt with?
 I'd like to try them again next year.

The good news is that as a second car, with a multiple
car discount, full coverage on the spider is only
about a hundred bucks a year with the discounts. (21st
Century Insurance)

As for your lighter, I replaced the original lighter
with a socket (with a little cap) so that I can plug
in phones, radar detector, etc.  The old wiring worked
fine.

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
71 Spider