grundy insurance / cigarette lighter question

Greetings Alfisti !

When insuring my Duetto last year I was referred to Grundy.  They had good
rates but were extremely restrictive in how I could use the car.  If I
wanted to take it on a trip up the coast or something it HAD to be in
conjunction with a car event.  Like my wife would agree to THAT !!

I insured with Hagerty and I'm renewing with them.  Their only major
restriction is not to run errands with it ( no paint and ladders from
Wal-Mart ).  They even said it's okay to take it to work a couple times a
week.  No restrictions on trips and they don't even enforce a mileage
restriction.  Give them a call, they're really nice.

Now for my question:  I'm adding a hidden cigarette lighter socket to run
my radar detector, etc.  Can I use the existing lighter wiring ( since the
original lighter does not function and is only there for looks ) or should
I run a new circuit ?    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Ciao,

Dan Walker
67 Silver Duetto