water as greenhouse gas (was: hydrogen no good (NAC))

sorry about the NAC, but i'll be brief:

water is a greenhouse gas, but is unimportant because
the troposhpere (part we breathe and directly
pollute)is always saturated - i.e. add more water
vapor and it comes out as rain. as for high atmosphere
emissions, my understanding is that there would be an
effect, but planes just aren't putting out enough to
make it a problem.

-ethan schartman
http://sports.yahoo.com