RE: Spider radiator problems

> Well, if you ever had any ideas on replacing the
> engine-driven fan with an electric one, now's the time
> -- do it while the radiator is out, it's SO much
> easier, whether you do it the easy way (nylon tabs
> through the core) or the right way (braze straps to
> the sides of the radiator and mount the fan on them).

Not sure I'd consider this the 'right' way (brazing straps onto the
radiator).

I've mounted many electric fans in Spiders, all done with brackets
positioning the fan in front of the radiator.  It's quite easy, and doesn't
require pulling the fan out of the car if/when you have to remove the
radiator.

bs