D-oh! When Smart people do dumb things...

Scott Fisher <sfisher71@domain.elided> wrote:
>Subject: When Smart People Do Dumb Things
>
>Dumbest car-thing I ever did: 20+ years ago I was
>giving my daily-driver Toyota a tune-up....
>
>...In my left hand, held oh-so-carefully so I wouldn't
>lose it, was the distributor rotor.

This could turn into a 12 step thing -- "Hi, my name is Tony, and I've left
the rotor out..."  Not once, not twice, but at least 3 times I can recall
making this same blunder (different cars, at least).  Ranks right up there
with rooting the contents of the glovebox into the passenger footwell while
trying to find the sunglasses I WAS WEARING!

Tony
Portland, OR
74 GTV (hey, what are all these parts left on the bench?)