Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear?

Digesti,

I guess the flames have died down a bit from my last thread about FWD/ AWD/
RWD, and I see that we've gone back to the dreaded "Vanity Plate Thread"
again.  I don't have a vanity plate (don't have anything against them...I'm
just too cheap!), but I have seen some really good bumper-stickers.  My
favorites are:  SO MANY PEDESTRIANS, SO LITTLE TIME!, or I BRAKE FOR
HALLUCINATIONS (usually found on VW Microbuses).  All this stuff also
reminds me of graffiti.  My favorite graffiti ever was written in the male
bathroom of a University Psychology Department.  It said: "Dyslexics of the
world: Untie!"  (yes, the spelling is correct!).  But, I digress...

The real reason for this post is that I just bought a really cheap, but very
clean '87 Milano Silver with a bad engine (brand new interior!).  I have a
line on a cheap Verde (rough, but engine is good).  I want to merge the two
cars into one and have a "Silver/Verde".  Given that the Silver is (very
slightly) lighter and lower-geared than a Verde, it might actually be
faster, no?  My question is:  Other than the engine, rear end, gauge
package, wheels and other small exterior bits, what else should I use from
the Verde?  Are they suspended the same?  Or maybe I should get a cheap 2.5
out of a rusty GTV6/ Milano and restore both cars?

Anybody want to help me decide?

Cheers,
Alex Csank
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 jr (fun, fun, fun!)
'78 Alfetta Sprint Veloce (getting new rotors put on in preparation for
Roebling Roads 2-3 March)
'87 Milano Gold (Wife won't let me drive it!)
'87 Milano Silver (Ersatz Verde?)
'87 Milano Verde (maybe my parts car)