re: Alfa Exhibit at Science Museum, London

I haven't been myself, but sent my father to check it out (he's teaching
in London for a spring semester).
We're both engineers, though I've got the Alfas and he drives practical
things.  He said it was definitely worth the trip.  Admission is free.
He spent an hour there; an Alfa fan might spend two.  What I'm told is
that there is a nice mix of production cars and low volume (racing)
stuff, roughly alternating along the timeline (some stuff is on loan
from the Alfa museum).  Also some nice engineering drawings on display.
The general focus of the exhibit it to highlight the interconnection
between engineering and styling as they relate to design.  My father is
this sort of "big-picture" engineer, and he said that the museum pulled
this off well.  I've been trying to talk myself into visiting London for
a weekend to see the exhibit, but can't convince myself that it would be
worth the flight.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164 L