In Defense of Turbinas

It may sound silly to say it, but if Turbinas weren't so common, they'd be
prized. They're light, they're strong, and they look pretty good, at least
as compared to most of the aftermarket dreck that's out there.

On the other hand, they're a little narrow by modern standards, they're
hard to clean, and a bitch to paint.

Here are a few other uses to ponder:

Mount cheap, bald tires, and you've got a set of thrashers to drive your
racer through the pits in style (or on and off the trailer.)

Mounted to the side of the garage, they make a great reel for a garden
hose.

Mount a pipe using a pipe flange to a steel plate, drill four holes, mount
it to the wheel, and you've made a handy work stand.

Saw them into quarters, deburr the edges, and they make pretty cool
book-ends.

Saw the Turbina section off, and you've got some nice grills for your
subwoofers.

Ya see? Hell, I'll take all the Turbinas you want to give me!