Front License Plate Solutions

I don't run a front plate on the spider.  On the GTV-6, I made my own
license plate bracket out of 1/2 inch aluminum angle, bolted to the
bottom of the front bumper with two bolt holes for the front plate.
Once you have installed the plate, don't forget to give it a good kick,
so that it will fold up under the bumper mostly out of sight.  (As in,
gee officer, how could that have happened).

On the 164S, there is a bracket on the bumper, so no excuse not to run a
plate.  But a couple of good kicks to the middle makes it dish shaped
and a much poorer target for any cop with a laser gun.  I mentioned this
to my wife, and she had the car over at the house of friends who have a
15 year old son who is very interested in Alfas.  She asked him if he
knew why the front plate on the car was bent up like a bowl, and he
asked "Did you do it?"