Repairable cars

My 1965 Triumph 2000 Saloon actually had complete instructions to R&R the
head, in the Owner's Manual. Now THAT was an Owner's Manual.

As for the Englishman's point of pride in DIY, well maybe, but more likely
the darned thing was so unreliable he HAD to know how to fix it, on a dark
and rainy Sunday night with ordinary hand tools (Yup, I did the head R&R
with a set of box and open spanners made in India, combination wrenches to
you yanks, and a three foot piece of 1/2 inch iron gas pipe for a torque
wrench , gas pipe is commonly available in Canada for handyman repairs to
your natural gas furnace , kaboom) and God knows you have to know how to
dismantle and re assemble a British car to fix anything.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L