RE: Engine Electronics

Allen,

>> If Microsoft wrote the ECU operating system,
>> would the car ask "Are you sure you want to
>> turn off the ignition?"  And perhaps the engine
>> would suddenly quit without warning until you
>> turned it off and restarted

I think we should all be thankful that the OS on our
fly-by-wire systems aircraft are NOT made by
Micro$oft.

Could you imagine a GPF at 35000 feet?

Fortunately, none of my Alfas have ever experienced a
GPF. Other issues, sure, but never a GPF.

g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided
http://redbacksWeb.com