RE: Duetto bucking in reverse

With all the analysis and suggestions for solving this reverse gear bucking
problem it appears there are quite a few folks with pre '69 cars that could
use the PROPER PART for their transmission mount.  I've looked in all the
catalogs for the older part and they don't seem to be available.  I've
tried all the "fixes" for the newer mount in the mechanical clutch car: new
clutch disk, lots of rubber hose packed in the open spaces, various rubber
bumpers attached to the trans support, and none of them fixed the problem
to my satisfaction.

Does anyone know if there is a new mechanical clutch style part available
anywhere?

And if not, would it be possible to get a batch remanufactured for
something less than a small fortune?  It seems there might be a reasonable
demand for them once completed.  Does anyone have suggestions for where
someone might begin such a quest?  Obtaining an example of an old part
still in good condition would be necessary, of course...but then it would
be tempting to just install it and be done wouldn't it.

It sure is embarrassing having to back out of a parking spot after fielding
the questions about your "cool car" that's in such "great shape" and then
exposing it as just a beater after all.

Blair Nelson
67 Super "Judder"
Seattle, WA