Kinda scary look into the future (and past, and present - - )

James Montebello wrote to me off-digest, re Nizam's 1 Jan 1970 posts, that
"the Unix OS counts time as the number of seconds since 00:00:00 GMT, 1 Jan
1970, so a time of 0 is the beginning of time, as far as Unix is concerned".
That would be what astronomical cosmologists call "The Big Bang", no? Which
seems to mesh with Alan Lambert's note that "You have to understand that Nizam
is a very technically talented guy, and has probably invented a time machine.
His Milano is certainly faster than it should be-----------". I am not sure
whether it means that the entire car is running on Unix, or just that its
Motronics have been thoroughly tweaked with Unix, but either would seem to
relegate both atmosphere-dominated Webers and mechanical-logic Spicas to the
dusty stables, where a few of we antiquarians can spar over their archaic
merits, and yammer on about what was the last "real" OS.

Enjoy yours,

John H, writing from Wintel limbo - -