re: license plates

There's a second-gen MR-2 in my hometown (Alfa content: the owner's
husband drives a '91-'93 Spider) that has--get this--a Euro-style
sticker on the hood, in the same colors (blue on white) as the
standard Ohio plate, but it's only as tall as a Euro plate, and has
the "OHIO" and "BUTLER" [county] written vertically at either side of
the numbers, which match the rear plate.  It doesn't have the
registration sticker because in Ohio we only put those stickers on
the rear (at least that's the case with the Collecter plates on my
vehicle).  This car is her daily driver as far as I know, and I see
it driving around all the time.  Since it has no front license plate
bracket, and has this sticker on the hood, it must work pretty well.
But maybe elderly women aren't huge targets for the police, even when
they drive bright red turbocharged MR-2's.  Your guess is as good as
mine.  I suppose it gets through the biannual (when the legislature
feels like it) inspection though.