Re: Restoration advice sought

Bob,

Good morning,

> upholstery finished. It had Spica and I intend to
> convert to Weber's as
> parts and knowledge (in Aust) about Spica seems
> limited. Pedals are now
> floor mounted.

Because Spica was never released anywhere other than
the US, you're correct in saying that there's very
little knowledge of them over here. Not all that much
in the US either, truth be told.

Dell'ortos will work quite well too. I know that there
are conversion kits available in the USA (IAP would be
a good starting point) but because they were never
brought into the country, you won;t be likely to find
the conversion kit here.

You will need a blanking plate of some sort to cover
the area where the Spica currently sits, and, I
believe, a low pressure fuel pump too.

If the car is any later than, I think, about a 73, the
pedals would have been pendant mounted out of the
factory (that's one of the things that makes it a 115
model, rather than a 105 series). I'm taking it that
yo've fitted a local 105 series floor mount pedal set
from another car then?

> I am a member of the local (South Australian Alfa
> club).
> My post was really seeking help in identification of
> literature
> especially graphics/ diagrams etc from the USA's
> Alfa Romeo Owners Club

What about Fusi?

Or you can send details of the vehicle (the VIN, I
believe ) to Elvira Ruocco at Alfa in Italy, and she
will send back to you build details for that vehicle.

I think that diagrams etc will be mostly applicable
from one year to the next for the mid-70's Spica
equipped cars, so I would suggest you just start with
what you have and see how it compares.

--
g.
Gary Stark