license plate mounting

I must agree, the spider's license plate bracket placement looks like it was
an after thought.  I truly spoils the lines of the car when the plate is
attached (Italian or domestic).

In order for me to pass the state's inspection each year, I must have the
plate mounted.  Since the bracket has been removed by the p.o., I had to rig
something.  I took a piece of 1" aluminum angle stock about 10" long and
drilled two holes to bolt the plate.  Then I centered it under the Alfa emblem
(1987 bumper) and replaced the stock bolt with a much loner version.  The bolt
holds the emblem mount so I first placed a nut on the long bolt to hold the
mount.  What was left was a stub to hang the plate angle stock.  Just another
nut and it sits snug just under the from lip.

Now, how does it look?  Not too bad and passes the inspection.  After the
inspection, it may find itself in the trunk again.  I feel the plate restricts
the air flow to the radiator.  But if it absolutely had to stay, this is a
tolerable alternative.

Bob Rand
'87 spider quad