Info on Grassroots Spider Street Mods?

This is my first posting and I hope not to offend too many Alfisti with
my questions.  I have a 1977 Spider that I have the engine and
transmission already pulled on.  I plan on overhauling the engine and
transmission to stock specs for California smog purposes.  There are a
few modifications to the car I would like to know if people have
tried-successfully or not.  I wish to:
"Swiss cheese" non critical parts of the chassis for weight reduction
Build carbon fiber hood and seat frames for weight reduction and
corrosion control (respectively)
Install the widest possible tires (15 or 16")
Back cut and lighten the heaviest of the transmission gears(1st/5th and
2nd/3rd?)
Install O2 sensor and monitor for Spica tuning(which I plan to send to
Wes Ingram)
Low power application of nitrous(50-75 hp)
Install Crane XR300 Ignition w/P92 coil
I am in the planning phase right now so any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

A C Savage
San Diego, CA

1977 Spider 	Undergoing soul overhaul