Re: nuts up

Thanks Russ! Yes it is the 10mm bolt with the .. 1.5? pitch nuts. I didn't
do that part of the work (that's one good thing about being a girl, I can
play dumb sometimes ... well, it isn't always playing though), so I don't
know why the nuts failed to stay on. There isn't a trick, is there?
You did write me a treatise a while ago on double-nutting.... Since
I don't have the nuts now, I'm not sure whether to buy regular nuts or
nylock ones.

Tess
p.s. there comes a point where you don't feel any better but you just
decide What the Hell and Let's Get On With Life. Maybe it will take my
mind off the pain and I'll at least have gotten my car on the road &B-].
That would make me 2 for 3 and I'm hoping to get to 3 for 3 on my next
pitch (P-car is in the garage but still not road-worthy).

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 AlfaNeely@domain.elided wrote:

> Tess,
>        You must be feeling better if you are worried about Olive Oyl.  Are
> you talking about the 10 or 12 mm 4 or 5 inch long bolt that the alternator
> pivots on?  If so, it was indeed double nutted under the alternator where you
> cannot see it.  Did they fail to get it attached correctly when they did the
> water pump?
 - snip -