Re: Performance Mods

Scott Fisher <sfisher71@domain.elided> wrote:

>So, Portlanders, who's the local Charlie Rockwell
>clone?  Who can degree in my cams, frob the dwell and
>timing to work with the cam timing, and make the Spica
>just *so*, and either do this on a dyno or otherwise
>(say, by doing some acceleration runs with a G-Analyst
>or Vericom) give me some documentary assurance that it
>isn't just a lot of hooey?

When you find them, I'll sign up for that program.  I understand there are 3
shops in Portland OR that deal primarily in Alfa -- Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo,
Veloce Motors and Nasko's.  I've not had my car in any of these shops yet, so
I have no idea if they would tackle this project to the extent you suggest.  I
live very close to Nasko's, so once I get the engine back in the GTV I am
planning to have him confirm (or more likely correct) my Spica, cam and
distributor settings, and maybe confirm that he used to own my car, as the PO
claims.  Someone has to own up to taking a die grinder to those ports...

I'm interested in this performance thread because at some point I'm going to
pick up a 2L and start building a "play" engine.  I have no aspirations to
sanctioned racing, so my goal is maximum "streetable" performance.  Which is
of course a subjective description, but to quote the Supreme Court -- I'll
know it when I see it.

Tony
Portland OR
'74 GTV (soon to be RTV free!)