Re: Performance Mods

This is very much an engine specific question, and can't really be
answered generally.  What works on your GTV6 is very different from what
works on your Montreal.  You also need to have goals in mind. One can
modify most OEM engines to produce MUCH more peak horsepower than stock,
but the result may be very unpleasant to use on the street day to day.  A
race engine will typically only be used in a relatively narrow rev range,
and may make little to no power outside that range (it may barely RUN
outside that range).  Adopting a racer's package is almost never a good
idea for a street car.

james montebello