Spiders and Sensual Touch

Neighbor Scott observes:  I've always been a proponent of upgrading, or at
least
personalizing, the surfaces of the car that my hands
touch while driving, if only because that's your
primary source of direct physical contact with the car...

Joe Kollmann recently modified a wooden knob for me, inletting a beautiful
cloisonne emblem about 40mm diameter he's had since the mountains began to
form, and cutting a thumb groove down the left side (would be right side,
GBP).  The thing feels so sweet, I'd like to replace my PC mouse with
it.  It came from a Milano, where a large frustrated dog had gnawed the
surface to splinters.  The IAP catalog says one size fits all, shift
knobwise, but I had to open up the hole with my largest drill bit for it to
*just* fit on my shift lever.  I used blue Loktite on the shaft and the set
screws, and made sure the screws were bottomed out on the shaft.  I really
don't think it will come loose, but carry Allen keys always, anyhow.

That shift knob, plus the leather Miata seats are absolute pleasures to
use.  The seats give improved feedback and much better support, and make
the car even more pleasurable to insinuate oneself into.  Mutual
stimulation and all that.

Joe