Re: the Euro vs. US, carb vs. Spica debate

I seem to recall that someone *who knows* once told me that the reason Spica
was offered only in the US was, as is generally understood, to help meet
emissions requirements. BUT, Alfa Spa. liked the system and wished they had
the manufacturing capacity to put it on all the 4-cyl. Alfas of the time.

Essentially, it wasn't offered in Europe due to limitations in the number of
systems they could manufacture.

Remember, though, that one of the sweetest Alfas of all -- the Montreal --
also used Spica injection.

I'm just glad the Spica system on my 26-year-old, 92K mi. Spider is still in
good working order. And it is kinda cool to be able to make slightly
boastful statements about the 150 psi injector pressure when in the company
of gearheads fond of other marquees.

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
  1993 164L & 1976 Spider (and maybe another model soon)