RE: Mortimer II

> Does the car still have THOSE brakes? I dream of those brakes. I am a bad
> boy with impure thoughts on those brakes. When Mortimer II finally gets
> released back in to general population, please can you get someone to
DVcam
> some action shots and put them on the web?

Yes, Mortimer II still has *those* brakes.  And *those* Ferrari F40 seats.

> A few years ago, when I actually had money I semi-seriously considered
> buying that car and having it shipped to the UK. The value of the brakes
> alone would probably be worth it. The work that was done on that car and
> Mortimer I are an excellent example of the kind of big-thinking, can-do
> attitude that we don't quite enjoy here in Limeyville.

Funny, I was one of the many people that expressed interest, but acted too
late, when Mortimer was available 2-3 years ago.  Back then, I had visions
of putting those brakes and those seats in my Spider and converting Mortimer
back into a streetable Berlina.

I feel lucky to have been presented the opportunity to recently rescue this
beast.  And when I finally saw the car in person, there was no question in
my mind that Mortimer would stay as is, a race prepped (and quick) Berlina
is just too goofy *not* to take out and flog on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to getting Mortimer back in action.  First, however, I
need to prevent a simple steering box replacement from turning into a ground
up restoration.

bs