Re: driveline rumble at zero torque

Gentle Alfista,
Has anyone ever replaced the mainshaft output bearing on a 115 transmission
by removing only the rear cover of the transmission, whilst leaving the rest
of the tranny in place? Under the car yesterday, I grabbed the yoke and it
had some up-and-down slop in it. This is most likely the cause of my
irritating growl at speed, under no load.

Now here's the toughie: I have a new unknown Hoffmann bearing with the number
5237 on the box. It measures about 5.1 centimeters across the outside, and
2.6 c inside. Good news, anyone?

Aren't the weber/spica threads the best?

modelle in Somers Point