re: GTV6 wheels and tires and hub centering rings

hi obie, i can help w/one of these, where ya ask:

"...Will 225/50R16 tires on 16x7.5 wheels (w/ 35 or 38mm offset can't
remember exactly) fit my '84 gtv6 without rubbing? I already have the wheels
and I want a wider than stock tire to help protect them from the inevitable
curb rash...."
sincerely doubt this will work.  225-50-15's on 15x8's barely work on my gtwe6.  but, they *do* work, so i'd suggest trying 225-45-16's - same diameter as the 225-50-15's.  wheels will be a half-inch closer to the pavement, tho, so be careful!  ;~)  depending on whether or not the car is lowered/stiffened, ya most likely still will need to roll the rear wheel-well lip, & trin the front air-dam, where it wraps inside the front wheel well...

good luck,

doug s.