RE: Mortimer II

> Does anyone know what happened to the Berlina called Mortimer II - I found
> the website a while back (a year or 2) & wanted to use some of the ideas
for
> a Gymkhana (Autocross) car that I am going to build out of my ratty old
> 1750, but the links don't seem to work anymore

Nope.  Haven't seen it.

Ha ha, just kidding.  There's a long, convoluted story, that I can't recite
in public, but the end of it is that the car has been rescued from purgatory
and is now sitting on the lift in my garage.  I'm trying to prevent a
steering box replacement from turning into a full restoration.

I can try to answer whatever questions you might have, although I'm still
sorting through what I've got.  I have been in touch with the most recent
owner (who's on this digest, but might not want to talk about it..) and one
of the guys who originally built the car (who I think they now let out on
weekends..).

I'm hoping to have it running for the AROCt Lime Rock event this coming
April.

There's the beginning of a web page at
http://www.employees.org/~bshorey/MortimerII.htm, that includes pointers to
a copy of the original web page that you've been looking for.

bs