resurrecting gtv6.org update

i'm sure others have been trying to do what they can for the site.

as an outsider (not having any relationship to the gtv6.org or any of it's
authors or founders) it would appear their domain expired. based on the
domain registration information it looks like it expired quite a while
ago.

the place where the site was hosted still has the site active. the site
can be reached via its IP address as previously posted
(http://209.66.119.53) though not all pages, forums, images will load
since they reference www.gtv6.org as part of the URLs.

Those that are technically savvy can add an entry to their hosts files for
www.gtv6.org and be able to access the site again. This is easier for Unix
systems.

If you know how to change the DNS servers you use to resolve domains on
the internet, then you could add (somewhere near the top of the list if
possible) one or both of the ip addresses:
	209.66.64.23
	209.66.64.42
These are the name servers for the gtv6.org site. If you tell your
computer to use these for DNS resolution then you should be able to find
the gtv6.org web site again.

Please note, don't make these changes unless your fairly sure you know
what your doing on your computer. You should probably not delete the
existing DNS servers on your computer, only add one or both of these IP
addresses.

I chose to add www.gtv6.org to my hosts file, since my main system is a
Linux based workstation that was the easiest fix.

Using either of these methods to resolve www.gtv6.org to the right IP
address should enable you to have full access back to the site, including
any images, forums, or links that appeared broken when you just used the
IP address.

I've contacted the registered domain owner, as well as the authors listed
on the gtv6.org web site about the problems, and possibly mirroring or
helping in some other way to get the site back online.

In the meantime I've mirrored the site to one of my servers. Since some of
the site was dynamically driven via cgi programs, I may not have _ALL_ of
the site mirrored. It does appear that I have most of it. As for making
the mirror available, that will depend on the site's authors/owner and
their replies (if they reply).

That's about it for now. Hope this helps some of you access the site
again.

Greg