Headlight Covers and Modifications

Group,

I have installed headlight covers on  '71 and '76 Spiders, and both of these
had 3 threaded studs welded to the edge of the headlight opening, facing
rearwards. The U.S. type headlight bucket is fastened to these by drilling
holes in the appropriate location, and mounted from the rear. If the bucket,
and it's headlight isn't moved rearward by this relocation, the headlight
cover will contact the top edge of the headlight lense. The bulkhead at the
front of the wheelwell has a large round access plate that might have
clearance for the bucket, but it's better to remove the entire bulkhead. A
dirty, but easy conversion. These neat threaded studs obviously disappeared
along the way, but I don't know what year this happened.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY

PS: The "Alfa Modification Spreadsheet" seems to have struck a positive
chord. I'm working on a preliminary version, and will forward this to the
digester who agreed to create a site/location. Once we agree on a format,
everyone can populate the categories with their modification experiences. I
can E-Mail this to anyone who wants access to the early version.

Subject: RE: Re[2]: Headlight Covers