big bumps make for poor handling spider

Sigh,

it is with regret that I ask for this advice.
my spider's 'suspension' has rapidly deteriorated
over the last few months, due, I believe, to the
extremely poor quality of Houston's roads.

I'm about to take it in, and assess the volume of
damage. There is an awful lot of stuff rattling over
those bumps and it seems like a new rattle every
day.

question is: has anyone ever gotten a city to
pay for damage due to poor quality roads, especially
in a situation where it cannot be attributed to
a single unmarked 2 foot deep pothole, but rather
to a road surface made of nothing but multiple 1-3" deep
potholes?

Of course, that it is a 16 yr old car has alot to
do with it, but the damage seems to have happened
all of a sudden, w/in the last 4-6 months.

TIA...

Dave Sisson
houston, tx
86 spider grad...