69 GTV vacuum boosters

Greetings Alfisti,

Since my next project will be a GTV, and I've been lusting after my friends
69 for years, the subject of reservoirs, boosters and master cylinders has
been of interest to me.

I took the liberty of emailing White Post Restorations in Virginia.  While
they didn't tell me the cost of a master cylinder rebuild, they did tell me
the cost for rebuilding a vacuum booster.  $ 470, EACH !   They do give a
lifetime warranty.  Now as much as I like the looks of the 69 over a 71 to
74 this causes me some concern, especially since the car in question hasn't
been driven for 9 years or so.  To rebuild the brakes fully will cost more
than I'll probably pay for the car.  Are rebuild kits that NLA ?

Just some food for thought.  Please comment asI think this is a good thread.

Ciao !

Dan Walker
67 Duetto
02 Protege 5  ( NOT fugly, in fact it has remarkably similar lines to a 156
sportwagon from the side and back )